Glitter is one of my absolute favourite decorating products and if I could paint my walls in it, I probably would. But for now I will settle for glitter candles! Learn how to make your own to add a little bit of extra sparkle to your wedding in this DIY!
There are two ways you can do this DIY, either stick the glitter directly to the candles themselves, or to a glass jar or bowl that will later hold the candles.
What you will need
- Candles of any shape/ size OR a glass jar or bowl
- PVA glue/Mod Plodge/ Spray Adhesive
- Any glitter you like
- Sticky tape
- Paint Brush
- Decide if you want to cover the whole candle/jar in glitter or just make a pattern
- Use the sticky tape to cover any sections of the candle/ jar that you want to remain untouched
- Use your chosen glue product and carefully spread it with the paint brush/spray it onto the surface
- Roll or sprinkle the glitter over the surface and leave to dry
- Remove the sticky tape once the glue has completely dried
- BE CAREFUL- sometimes when the candles are stood upright while drying the glitter can melt off so you just have to be careful where and how you leave them to try
NOTE- if you are using tealight candles, you can put glue and glitter on top of the candle for a little bit of sparkle.